Privacy and Data Security
At Forum Group Events, your right to privacy and security is a major concern. Below are the guidelines we use for protecting your personal information. Please read the following carefully.
Forum Group Events respects your privacy. Across our business, we will collect, store and use your personal information for defined purposes. We use your information to support and enhance our relationship with you, for example, to provide services and support, and share product, service and company news and offerings with you. We do not sell your personal information, but we may share your IP address with advertisers on Forum Group Events sites. We share your data only with partners who share Forum Group Events commitment to protecting your privacy and data. Please contact Forum Group Events if you have privacy questions or concerns. You also may ask to see the personal data you have given us and request amendment, correction or deletion. We strive to protect the security of your personal data by use of appropriate measures and processes.
The Information Forum Group Events Collects About You
Forum Group Events asks for specific types of personal information. We ask you to provide information that will enable us to provide services to you, enhance your site visit, respond to requests for information, support your relationship with us, and assist you with technical support issues or to follow up with you after your visit.
Forum Group Events may collect information when you interact with us. Some of the instances when this happens might be when you:
- Register on a Forum Group Events or Forum Group Events affiliate website;
- Request us to provide you with a quote;
- Place an order with us;
- Request e-mail notification from us;
- Request assistance from our online advisors;
- Make a request for support either online or by telephone;
- Provide feedback in a survey;
- Participate in promotional offers;
- Subscribe to a publication, newsletter or a mailing list;
- Visit a Forum Group Events website or an affiliate website; or
- Apply for a job, submit your resume/CV, or create a candidate profile.
We may also collect personal information about you (such as demographic information) from third parties, including:
- Other related bodies corporate within the Forum Group Events group;
- Third party service providers;
- Publicly available sources of information; and
- In the case of job applicants, previous employers
When you interact with us, we may ask for some of the following information: your name, address, e-mail address, IP address, phone number, occupation, National Identification Number, industry, transactional information such as your preferences, customer number, service history, credit card information and other bank details, referrals, and other information that is needed to process your request. We may also collect demographic information such as details of your business or company, age, gender, interests, preferences and favourites, and product purchase history. For job applicants, you may be requested to provide information such as educational background, employment experience, and job interest.
We may collect information relating to your online interactions with us (including, for example, your IP address, the pages you view and the links and advertisements that you click on) so that we can offer you a more consistent and personalised experience in your relationship with Forum Group Events and better serve your needs by customising the content, services and marketing material that we share with you. We may use your personal information, including browser and purchase history to make recommendations to you and send customised communications via various communication methods, including email.
We hold your personal information in:
- Computer systems;
- Electronic databases;
- Digital archives;
- Telephone recordings; and
- Hard copy or paper files.
These storage mechanisms may be managed in a number of ways. These may be managed or administered internally by Forum Group Events and may be held locally in Australia, or, they could be managed by a third party with whom we have a contractual relationship to manage it locally or overseas. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this, include:
- Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details (SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us);
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access);
- Ensuring that we and our third party providers have appropriate security safeguards to keep personal information secure; and
- Destroying or de-identifying personal information as required by law.
- >The information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be stored, used and disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted by Australian privacy law. It is collected and processed for the following general purposes or for other lawful business purposes:
- To process your purchase or provide requested services;
- To fulfil requests for products and services;
- To improve our products and services;
- To contact you;
- To avoid fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- To protect the security or integrity of the website, our business, our products or services;
- To customise our communication with you and the marketing material we share with you; and
- To allow our business partners to present customised messages to you.
Newsletters, Mailing lists, Requests for Information
We (or another Forum Group Events entity or an agent working on behalf of Forum Group Events) will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services that may be of interest to you. Only Forum Group Events (or agents working on behalf of Forum Group Events) will send you these direct communications. If you do not want to receive such communications, please notify us by:
Including the following information and return the communication to the appropriate addresses (or fax number) supplied below:
- Contact Name
- Company Name (if appropriate)
- Full address details
Email: Please click here to unsubscribe
Please allow up to 10 business days for your communication preferences to take effect. Because some communications, such as direct mail are developed and queued for distribution well in advance, you may receive additional information after we receive your request.
When Forum Group Events Will Share Your Personal Information
Your information may be shared with other Forum Group Events entities, agents or contractors performing services for Forum Group Events, such as Forum Group Events Service Providers and financial institutions. If so, Forum Group Events l will seek to ensure that your information is only used in connection with the functions these parties will be performing for Forum Group Events and that all such information is treated in a confidential manner.
Forum Group Events will disclose your personal information to the extent required or authorised by applicable law, if ordered or required to do so by a court or enforcement authority as appropriate, or to ensure that we are in compliance with our legal obligations.
Forum Group Events may transfer your personal information to third party service providers to the extent necessary to perform our functions or activities. We may supply your personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- The distribution of marketing information to you (except where you have chosen to opt out of receiving this information from us);
- The supply of webhosting, website design, SEO and other services (providers in Australia, New Zealand, US and United Kingdom, India, and The Philippines);
- Call centre sales and support services (provider in The Philippines).
Our relationships with such third party service providers are governed by our contracts with them. Those service contracts contain privacy and confidentiality provisions which are consistent with the Australian Privacy Law obligations.
To request access to, or correction of, your personal information, please contact us using the contact details in the ‘Contact Forum Group Events’ section below. Upon your request and within 30 days we will inform you about the type of personal information we hold about you, the purposes for which we hold it and the possible recipients or types of recipients. Upon written request and within a reasonable period of time we will also amend, correct, delete or cease to process personal information if that information proves to be factually inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant to the purpose(s) of the processing.
We, or third parties acting on our behalf, may use web beacons or related technology on our site, in our communications, on other sites, or in our communications in others’ messages. A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to recognise a cookie on your equipment when you view a web page or online communication. Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our site and our interactions with you in various ways, for example, by counting the number of individuals who visit our site from a particular communication or make a purchase from our site after viewing a particular message as well as by telling us when a web page is viewed and providing a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons also help us measure the effectiveness of our communication campaigns, for example, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon a message, determining when a message is accessed and determining how many times a message is transmitted onwards.
The information we collect may include personal information, and web beacons allow us to recognise users by accessing Forum Group Events cookies. We may also combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other personal information we have collected from you. We use all of this information to better tailor our interactions with you and we may use this information for other purposes, such as to enable a shopping cart, customise content on our website and internal research purposes. We will not share any personal information collected through Forum Group Events web beacons with any third party, except for service providers who act on our behalf and who are contractually prohibited from any other use or disclosure of the information.
We do now allow third parties to place their web beacons on our site or in our advertisements.
Please be aware that other web sites including sites that may be accessed through our site, e.g., via a hyperlink, may collect personal information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those third-party sites linked to www.forumgroupevents.com.au or any other site. We use the “external link” symbol to mark links to third-party sites.
If you have asked to be contacted by one of Forum Group Events partners, we will need to provide them with your contact details. This information will not be shared with any other party and will be forwarded to that partner for the sole purpose of allowing them to contact you. Personal data obtained from you is held and processed in accordance with all applicable laws and consistently with Forum Group Events privacy statement.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the relevant privacy regulator. We will deal with your complaint in accordance with our complaints handling process as described here.
Contact Forum Group Events
If you would like to contact us, or have questions regarding our privacy statement, please write to us at:
Forum Group Events Pty Ltd
Attention: Privacy Steward
Level 1, 111 Flinders Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Alternatively, you may e-mail us at email@example.com
Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information Effective Date:
12th March 2014